- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage, removed from casing
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-16 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, chopped tomato and tortilla chips, optional
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown beef and onion, drain. In skillet cook sausage, drain and add to beef and onion. Puree tomatoes in their liquid, add to pan with tomato sauce, water, beans, corn and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. If desired, top each serving with cheese, avocado and/or tomato, and serve with chips. Makes 10 servings.
Cut 2 medium or 1 large zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp. Chop pulp, set aside. Set shells aside also. In skillet, brown ½ lb. ground Italian sausage (or ground beef), onion and garlic, drain. Add pulp and a little milk if desired. Spoon meat/pulp mixture into zucchini shells. Place in greased baking dish. Top with 1 cup spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with ½ cup cheese. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Makes 2 servings.